[THAW][XBOX 360] FIXING SAVE CHECKSUMS

Tutorials for all THUG+ games goes here.
Forum rules
This forum is only for posting tutorials.
Specify what game it is for, and please take a look at this Template.
damienx45

Re: [THAW][XBOX 360] FIXING SAVE CHECKSUMS

Post by damienx45 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:46 am

i have a save that me and my fellow modders have benn having major trouble trying to find the checksum for the game is called D&D daggerdale i would be really greatful if you could take a look at it and see if you can find it i am going to post the save here if that is alright.

DNDSaveData.rar
(10.61 KiB) Downloaded 466 times

quazz
Global Moderator

Post by quazz » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Its only for THAW and other TH games, not for just any 360 game!

TNT
VIP

Post by TNT » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:07 pm

I looked at it; and as far as I could help just by looking is isolating the save to make it a little easier on you. Go ahead and try this; and it should be easier to figure out what needs to be repaired. I'd suggest doing this to a few saves with small differences, and opening them in Hex Workshop using the COMPARE feature.

Tools Needed:
Modio
Hex Workshop

NOTE: First opening the save; I noticed it's complete save. This includes the favicon, profile information, console information, etc. (All random unimportant stuff.) Also, your actual IDs haven't been nulled. If you don't null these before you upload, a lot of people get that information, and if you release a modded save with this informaton, you can find yourself banned from Xbox Live.

1. Open Modio and then Open Save...

2. Select the D&D save you wish to edit.

3. At the top, click 'File Contents'

NOTE 2: Modio isn't perfect. My copy is not responding, and that happens, so be patient.

4. Extract the file 'DNDSaveGame.bin' as it only contains the data you'll want to be modding. (Right click and Extract)

NOTE 3: Now if you have WinRar installed, you'll notice you have the option to load this bin file, however it won't open because it's not the same type of bin file.

5. Open this file instead in 'Hex Workshop.'

NOTE 4: The opening four bytes in my instance are '00 00 00 64' suggesting that it doesn't use a CRC-32 checksum like THPS games do.

Conclusion: From this point; generating the checksum is completely on you. However, this isolates the actual save file. If you research you may find a tutorial on modding another DND game save; perhaps a PC version. Good luck, and if you need more help, email me.
http://TNThps.us - THPS Xbox 360 Mods/Tutorials, Original Xbox Mods, Playstation 2 Codes/Files, Gamecube Mods, THUGPro Mods!!