THPS HD - Community Project: Let's make the game GOOD!

THPS HD discussions can go here, about modding, or what ever you want
skejt23
VIP

Re: THPS HD - Community Project: Let's make the game GOOD!

Postby skejt23 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:06 am

Screen
Already getting somewhere. Unfortunetly, after getting into multiplayer section there is a bugged menu without an exit. I'll try to fix that.

KaMeR
VIP

Postby KaMeR » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:11 am

thanks for the fix snake it was so annoying. how did you edited .function and .class files ?

could you also slow down balance a bit ? so we can do longer combos like in thug2 etc

bAstimc
VIP

Postby bAstimc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:34 am

cool :D

i still cant compile my dll :x error c3861 ' sprintf_s ' identifier not found

skejt23
VIP

Postby skejt23 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:44 am

bAstimc wrote:cool :D

i still cant compile my dll :x error c3861 ' sprintf_s ' identifier not found

#include <stdio.h>

bAstimc
VIP

Postby bAstimc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:46 am

edit: ok works now

Anteara
VIP

Postby Anteara » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:16 am

Three of the things that really annoy me are this.

1) Gravity. This is a given.
2) Wallrides. - I don't know if it's just me, man, or are wallrides just fucking really hard to do? In THUG2 it's cake.
3) Doing special tricks - I find it really hard to get a special trick to register. I offten haveto do it really slow. In THUG2 I can press UP-DOWN-GRAB probably within 0.03 seconds, but in THHD i MUST do it in around 0.7 SECONDS or else it won't register. Anyone else have this problem?

KaMeR
VIP

Postby KaMeR » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:26 am

Anteara wrote:2) Wallrides. - I don't know if it's just me, man, or are wallrides just fucking really hard to do? In THUG2 it's cake.

ye this is annoying, you need 90 angle to do it and some speed or something

bAstimc
VIP

Postby bAstimc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:29 am

30-45degree i guess... + timing

coolsnake
VIP

Postby coolsnake » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:54 am

KaMeR wrote:thanks for the fix snake it was so annoying. how did you edited .function and .class files ?

could you also slow down balance a bit ? so we can do longer combos like in thug2 etc

I looked at the relevant code with UE explorer and then used a hex editor to edit it, it's a huge pain in the ass and you pretty much can't do anything substantial with it.

I've not been able to take a good look at the physics related stuff for some reason, I can see where the variables are declared but not where the values are assigned. I also saw the "check" that allows you to enable reverts, it basically checks if the level is an expansionlevel before enabling it. So I might be able to work something out with that.

I was pretty convinced that was the only way to mod since I thought you're not able to just "repackage" an upk file but skejt23's work shows that I'm apparently talking out of my ass.

I'm somewhat defending the way Robomo did physics in this game, atleast they're trying something different instead of adding to an already convoluted physics system over the years. Trick names changing colours when you're in switch stance or not, you need to land your combo before you regain special, no DOA like in thps2, every trick is landable, shorter manuals, manual pointer changing when go from manual to nosemanual, tighter wall ride angles.

Doesn't mean I think that the last two choices are blatantly wrong but hey you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

I'm also pretty ashamed about how long it took me to get the combo letters in Marseille mainly because of the shorter manuals. Still not sure what exactly causes the manual meter to go out of whack so fast, maybe you don't to hop as much as you need to do longer manuals?
My converterted THUG2 PS2 parks to PC
Thanks to THPSX twitter account for converting. Contains tons of parks from Evil God, A couple from me (Beryllium, Belgian Prison), KSK Rooftops 2 and 3, Vex-Middle East, Verty Hollow from Mike, Ruin Cap etc...

emcitement

Postby emcitement » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:17 am

editedout
Last edited by emcitement on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “THPS HD”