THPS HD - Community Project: Let's make the game GOOD!

THPS HD discussions can go here, about modding, or what ever you want
ndaoud540

Re: THPS HD - Community Project: Let's make the game GOOD!

Postby ndaoud540 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:33 am

Barti wrote:
ndaoud540 wrote:Can you add more songs or just replace the current songs with yours?

I've only tried replacing the current songs, adding more songs would probably involve changing the .upk files but I had a quick look at them with UE Explorer and couldn't find any reference to the filenames.
On a sidenote, you also have to include the extra data from the wem's fmt chunk because without it the song is much quieter and the pitch is very low for stereo songs. After including the fmt extra data and the JUNK data, the byte at offset 28 in hex has to be set to 04 for mono songs and 03 for stereo songs, otherwise the pitch will be still wrong.

I fixed all the pitches and everything and replaced about 6 songs and it works fine. I did find that in the music audio.text you have to add the song you want if you want to add more but that didn't work so then I edited the sound.text or something like that and added the song but then I realized you may need to edit music audio.bnk as well as the music and sound text files but I did not know how to edit that file so I just replaced the songs and used mp3 gain to get the pitch the exact same as the ones that are already in the game.

coolsnake
VIP

Postby coolsnake » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:57 pm

I really hope (but doubt it) that the revert in this version of the game is incomplete somewhat and will be "fixed" when HD revert pack comes out. If you go in the air in normal stance and don't turn around so you'll land in switch, then revert and do a manual you'll just end the combo straight out, guaranteed.

I've been able to mess with it somewhat so that it doesn't do that. Problem is now that the revert time window is too large which makes it exploitable in half pipes eh.
My converterted THUG2 PS2 parks to PC
Thanks to THPSX twitter account for converting. Contains tons of parks from Evil God, A couple from me (Beryllium, Belgian Prison), KSK Rooftops 2 and 3, Vex-Middle East, Verty Hollow from Mike, Ruin Cap etc...

Net_Bastard

Postby Net_Bastard » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:22 pm

So I just found this in the DefaultGame.ini:

BrakeStickThresholdX=.3
BrakeStickThresholdY=.3

I wonder if changing this value will affect how much time it takes to come to a stop on your board?

bAstimc
VIP

Postby bAstimc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:07 am

Net_Bastard wrote:So I just found this in the DefaultGame.ini:

BrakeStickThresholdX=.3
BrakeStickThresholdY=.3

I wonder if changing this value will affect how much time it takes to come to a stop on your board?

try it out... ;)

Net_Bastard

Postby Net_Bastard » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:01 am

Just tried it. I also changed a few other values. The results? I honestly don't know if they made a difference. I compared the two, and I think the modded .ini makes the game feel less floaty, but I'm not even sure if that's the case, or just me thinking it makes a difference. And even if it did, that wasn't what I had planned to fix anyway. I also figured out that it takes longer to stop because of how Robo implemented momentum into the game. If you go faster, you take less time to stop. So I'm not even sure if that can be fixed.

People can download the modified .ini here so that they can test it themselves.

bAstimc
VIP

Postby bAstimc » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:03 am

Tony doing the Twister is kinda funny :D

mh maybe it could be possible to enable Consoles... but probably only in the sdk because

Code: Select all

[Engine.Console]
ConsoleKey=Tilde
TypeKey=Backslash

in Input.ini isnt working :?

skejt23
VIP

Postby skejt23 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 pm

bAstimc wrote:mh maybe it could be possible to enable Consoles... but probably only in the sdk because

Code: Select all

[Engine.Console]
ConsoleKey=Tilde
TypeKey=Backslash

in Input.ini isnt working :?

It should be possible, since the console is an build-in engine feature. Personally, i don't have time to do that cause i have many things to do in Gothic Multiplayer, but you should try ;p

coolsnake
VIP

Postby coolsnake » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Hm 900 grab tricks give around 15k when below the 10 trick multiplier. When done after 10-15 trick multiplier it's suddenly worth just a couple of k... Did this happen in the other games too?

Maybe it's just because I've been messing with the revert (doubt it) but the revert itself seems to be horribly broken. Once again, I really hope that the revert in this version of the game is incomplete and that the extra time they're taking to release the DLC is because they're fixing it. There seems to be next to no slowdown when doing it. You're able to do a string of 900's in a halfpipe all day long. Sometimes I spin a trick left when I should be spnning right and I do think that's also related to the revert messing up somehow.
My converterted THUG2 PS2 parks to PC
Thanks to THPSX twitter account for converting. Contains tons of parks from Evil God, A couple from me (Beryllium, Belgian Prison), KSK Rooftops 2 and 3, Vex-Middle East, Verty Hollow from Mike, Ruin Cap etc...

KaMeR
VIP

Postby KaMeR » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:40 pm

coolsnake wrote:Hm 900 grab tricks give around 15k when below the 10 trick multiplier. When done after 10-15 trick multiplier it's suddenly worth just a couple of k... Did this happen in the other games too?

Maybe it's just because I've been messing with the revert (doubt it) but the revert itself seems to be horribly broken. Once again, I really hope that the revert in this version of the game is incomplete and that the extra time they're taking to release the DLC is because they're fixing it. There seems to be next to no slowdown when doing it. You're able to do a string of 900's in a halfpipe all day long. Sometimes I spin a trick left when I should be spnning right and I do think that's also related to the revert messing up somehow.

robomodo devs havent played older thps games so they don't know how the reverts should look like. it wont be fixed. sometimes i had more points for special tricks too

ZurePitchmen83
VIP

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:57 am

KaMeR wrote:robomodo devs havent played older thps games so they don't know how the reverts should look like. it wont be fixed

I have to agree, i recently got the game, it doesn't feel anything like any of the older THPS games either :shock:
Anteara wrote:3) Doing special tricks - I find it really hard to get a special trick to register. I offten haveto do it really slow. In THUG2 I can press UP-DOWN-GRAB probably within 0.03 seconds, but in THHD i MUST do it in around 0.7 SECONDS or else it won't register. Anyone else have this problem?

For me, THHD tricks register pretty fast, it's really hard to land sometimes, not sure about specials, haven't tried them yet, but i'm sure it's gonna be fast for me too since i use a gamepad :lol:
Demo wrote:ramps - don't know how about you guys, i often get weird results after jumping off the ramps. once i ended up in the middle of venice, other time i got aligned to marseille bowl from the other side so my skater smacked his balls on that pinkie concrete floor.

I also get weird results too, When i tried to jump off the ramps in warehouse, i end up bailing when trying to land :oops:

Return to “THPS HD”