Thaw Online Problem.

Feel free to post what ever you want here.
Rinoa_Poison

Thaw Online Problem.

Post by Rinoa_Poison » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm

Hello, everyone.

I'm having a problem trying to get the Openspy to work for me. I have a friend who got theirs to works following the step by step of them tell me, I had no luck connecting to the master server. I always get a timeout error saying from Gamespy. I've trying using a hex editor to change the openspy.org to openspy.net from another forum post on here, but no luck (They're already openspy.net). I've patched the game using easy three click patcher, with no luck. I've even followed a step by step guide on youtube and some forum post. I've tried using The Mod to see if that would help and even using my friends THAW.exe and Pak files, again no luck what so ever. After running through all my options, I'm out of ideas on what to try next. Can anybody helps me? I've tried running in admin and compatibility mode. Please if anyone could help me, I would love you ever so much. I really just want to play Thaw online so badly. Thank you everybody that can help, Please and thank you.
Last edited by Rinoa_Poison on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Re: Thaw Online Problem.

Post by %.gone. » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:55 pm

have them send you their thaw.exe

Rinoa_Poison

Post by Rinoa_Poison » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I've stated in the op, I've tried that. Would you know of anything else I could maybe try to fix this issue? Again really I'm regretful for the quick reply and help.

Kenny

Post by Kenny » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Rinoa_Poison

Post by Rinoa_Poison » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:17 pm

I've used this launcher, this also doesn't seem to fix the issue. I don't know if some thing would be blocking the servers or not. I've tired removing my anti-virus program and taking down my firewall even, but with no luck. Thank you for the help though, I'll give this patcher a try, but I'm sure I've used it before. Wouldn't using my friends THAW.exe also clover this patcher? I don't honestly know, but I would think it would. Sorry I'm being a pain here on the forums, I just would really like to play... =/ Thanks again for the reply this means a lot getting the help.

Would the Prefix have anything to do with it?

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Post by %.gone. » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:28 pm

if English exe it uses e_pak/e_pab else just pak/pab

Does the game run fine otherwise?

Rinoa_Poison

Post by Rinoa_Poison » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:33 pm

Yes, the game works perfectly other than trying to connect to the servers. I don't know if it's still meant to say I'm trying to connect to Gamespy, but that's what it's telling me...
I do have the English Thaw. I've also ran the THAWLauncher Kenny gave and still no luck. Should I try changing the Prefix, would that even matter? when I patch my game I use pb which seems to be default.

Krad
VIP

Post by Krad » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:58 pm

Then you still have an antivirus or firewall blocking it.