Larger maps

Give us your ideas to make THUG Pro even better.
Konata Inoue

Larger maps

Postby Konata Inoue » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:44 pm

So in THP8 Atleast the 360 version, The map required no loading to get to place to place. So what i am asking is would that be possible with some of the older maps. Such as

THPS3 version of LA to East LA from THAW

THPS4 San Francisco to THPS4 Alcatraz

etc.

mwb37

Re: Larger maps

Postby mwb37 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:35 pm

It would be kind of neat if they spliced the Vancouver and Slam City Jam levels together. I heard the developers had problems getting the Mall level to work online though because it was too big. I'm not sure if it's going to be possible for them to add the THAW connector pathways or not.

Konata Inoue

Postby Konata Inoue » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:07 pm

mwb37 wrote:It would be kind of neat if they spliced the Vancouver and Slam City Jam levels together. I heard the developers had problems getting the Mall level to work online though because it was too big. I'm not sure if it's going to be possible for them to add the THAW connector pathways or not.

Ouch, So i'm guessing the game has memory issues?

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Postby %.gone. » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:16 am

The size variable is a short not the memory.
THAW isn't one huge level either. When you enter the tunnel sections those are scenes so it unloads the previous scene and loads the next while you're in that tunnel.

GoFundUrself

Postby GoFundUrself » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:28 am

Konata Inoue wrote:So in THP8 Atleast the 360 version, The map required no loading to get to place to place. So what i am asking is would that be possible with some of the older maps. Such as

THPS3 version of LA to East LA from THAW

THPS4 San Francisco to THPS4 Alcatraz

etc.

bumping an old topic, but in the nextgen thp8 and thpg (360/ps3) there is loading zones. just like in thaw. in thp8 and thpg, its not a long corridor, though, but theres still a loading zone

Morten1337
Site Admin

Postby Morten1337 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:18 pm

GoFundUrself wrote:...
bumping an old topic, but in the nextgen thp8 and thpg (360/ps3) there is loading zones. just like in thaw. in thp8 and thpg, its not a long corridor, though, but theres still a loading zone

What loading zones are you talking about?

GoFundUrself

Postby GoFundUrself » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:53 am

Morten1337 wrote:
GoFundUrself wrote:...

What loading zones are you talking about?

when you go into each area in thp8 and thpg for nextgen, the previous area turns all blocky and low-res when you move away from it. and the framerate drops for a second. that signifies you going into the loading zone. thats also the reason the nextgen thp8 and thpg models are all seperate models for the levels. instead of being one massive model of every area. stand next to the right side of the school building on thp8 in the main street area, and stand directly next to the line that seperates school and main street. when you are near that line, and jump up and down around it, and you can see the slums area turn low-res. then it turns back to normal.in two-player split screen you can glitch over the load zone walls, and some areas of the low-res versions of each area have some solid areas that you can walk and skate around on. i might be able to take a couple pics either later today or tomorrow

Morten1337
Site Admin

Postby Morten1337 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:44 am

Okay, when i refer to zones i mean levels or scenes. Like the ones in THAW.
THPG and THP8 don't have any separate loading zones. But they do have a LOD version for every zone.
Some of the areas are split into multiple scenes. Fun Park for example, has two scenes z_funpark and z_cartoon.

Return to “Suggestions”