Extra piece and peds even cars in created-a-park

Give us your ideas to make THUG Pro even better.
K3V1N4000

A nice test, gotta say

Post by K3V1N4000 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:19 pm

Looks better than i thought, kinda looks seamless, now, if the game treated it as grass too...
I like this texture swap idea! Even tho the slopes looks very flat but well, it seems like it would work, we totally need this when the game is on it's final updates!

Also, i already knew the top layer allows transparency, had the feeling the bottom layer did aswell, anyway, don't textures already allow transparency? I touched the concrete texture before and it had like 3 layers, all with transparent textures.. Even the road textures.

And by the way, i don't think embedding YT videos can be done here, i don't see the button.
Your head.
Use it before posting, please.

Thank you.

quazz
Global Moderator

Re: Extra piece and peds even cars in created-a-park

Post by quazz » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:59 pm

It's cool to see some new ideas with these texture replacements. I've talked with Morten before about what basic types of pieces should be brought into the park editor.

K3V1N4000

Post by K3V1N4000 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Awesome! ;D
Your head.

Thank you.

DeGenerator

Post by DeGenerator » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:40 am

When I was kid, my dream was to see cars, more buildings, stuff like that in THPS2 park editor. Some things happened in PS2 Tony Hawk's Games, such as buildings and cars. But I want more even now.

Let's be honest, moving cars are impossible, it's a script thing. Peds moving too.

What I really want are more buildings pieces, cars, roof blocks and more city themes that don't have fences arround the park. Or even "Paper" generic buildings objects, like some in LA, that don't have texture faces behind it (nodraw), only windows (Instead of that I use the new Risers Huge pieces, but I want more life to street parks).

Other things that I suggest that could be easy to put is a Player Clip invisible wall. If you are a source mapper like me and use hammer editor for valve games a lot, you will know what I'm talking about. It will prevent grinds and wallride too.

And an alternative to this (or could be all together) are the Out of Bounds invisible floor texture and Out of Bounds invisible wall texture. Will work with the same purpose of acid, pit or water. The differences are the animation, the sound, the words that appear (You Suck, Out of Bounds, Loser, Don't do Drugs), and of course, it will be invisible.

We need more things to give life to our street themed parks! I just love this theme and I'm really bored with the actual parks. The CAP creators try their best to make the maps look like a city, but always are similar to a traditional skatepark. Even with me that happen.

But I have a question, the new pieces called Risers Huge, what are the purpose of it? For me, the usage is to make "buildings" arround my parks, and I kinda liked it because they prevent grinds from the top.

K3V1N4000

Post by K3V1N4000 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:40 am

DeGenerator wrote:When I was kid, my dream was to see cars, more buildings, stuff like that in THPS2 park editor. Some things happened in PS2 Tony Hawk's Games, such as buildings and cars. But I want more even now.

Let's be honest, moving cars are impossible, it's a script thing. Peds moving too.

What I really want are more buildings pieces, cars, roof blocks and more city themes that don't have fences arround the park. Or even "Paper" generic buildings objects, like some in LA, that don't have texture faces behind it (nodraw), only windows (Instead of that I use the new Risers Huge pieces, but I want more life to street parks).

Other things that I suggest that could be easy to put is a Player Clip invisible wall. If you are a source mapper like me and use hammer editor for valve games a lot, you will know what I'm talking about. It will prevent grinds and wallride too.

And an alternative to this (or could be all together) are the Out of Bounds invisible floor texture and Out of Bounds invisible wall texture. Will work with the same purpose of acid, pit or water. The differences are the animation, the sound, the words that appear (You Suck, Out of Bounds, Loser, Don't do Drugs), and of course, it will be invisible.

We need more things to give life to our street themed parks! I just love this theme and I'm really bored with the actual parks. The CAP creators try their best to make the maps look like a city, but always are similar to a traditional skatepark. Even with me that happen.

But I have a question, the new pieces called Risers Huge, what are the purpose of it? For me, the usage is to make "buildings" arround my parks, and I kinda liked it because they prevent grinds from the top.
Ahem.. Let's split some shit up!
DeGenerator wrote:When I was kid, my dream was to see cars, more buildings, stuff like that in THPS2 park editor. Some things happened in PS2 Tony Hawk's Games, such as buildings and cars. But I want more even now.
Yea, mine was a similar thing but with THPS3, i always wanted more assets, i've always been the kind of guy that is not satisfied easily so yeaaaaah..
Cars and peds on CAP would be awesome, tho, i imagine it like a tool similar to the goal editor but with the obvious tweaks. It most likely won't be easy so i guess we'll have to wait some years for that. :p
DeGenerator wrote:Let's be honest, moving cars are impossible, it's a script thing. Peds moving too.
I wouldn't underestimate technology nowadays. ;)
If the devs were able to make the wheels spin and a WIP level editor, i say they can!
DeGenerator wrote:What I really want are more buildings pieces, cars, roof blocks and more city themes that don't have fences arround the park. Or even "Paper" generic buildings objects, like some in LA, that don't have texture faces behind it (nodraw), only windows (Instead of that I use the new Risers Huge pieces, but I want more life to street parks).
So do i, fella, so do i. But honestly, what i wish they added are objects from THPS2, THPS3, THPS4, THUG1 and maybe THPG too.
These paper objects would be awesome for the level editor! :D
DeGenerator wrote:Image

Customizable OOBs would be cool. Maybe even change the set of messages! :D
DeGenerator wrote:We need more things to give life to our street themed parks! I just love this theme and I'm really bored with the actual parks. The CAP creators try their best to make the maps look like a city, but always are similar to a traditional skatepark. Even with me that happen.
By the way, remember that bounces happen if fences are removed! ;)
More assets wouldn't hurt but remember that new levels might give new future assets. For now, we all gotta do miracles with what we're given. e_e
DeGenerator wrote:But I have a question, the new pieces called Risers Huge, what are the purpose of it? For me, the usage is to make "buildings" arround my parks, and I kinda liked it because they prevent grinds from the top.
They're just the rise object but huge, you could use them as anything you like to. It's the magic of level editors, it's all up to your imagination! :lol:

Before i forget, you seem to not know about an upcoming level editor that's being made for years now. So check these, you're welcome. ;)
ShutMeUp (Me) on thpsX wrote:Advanced editor is my way of calling the CAP editor that's WIP, i call it "Advanced Editor" because i assume it won't be as user friendly as CAP. You should check this videos:
LevelEditor PT1
LevelEditor PT2
Extra i just found
LevelEditor Update
Fun Fun Fun

The current state of the project? It's going to be added to THUGPro, according to i believe morten or quazz, i rather they add levels and other features first because maybe we could toy around with said features and possibly have even more assets!
Your head.

Thank you.

DeGenerator

Post by DeGenerator » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:52 am

K3V1N4000 wrote:
DeGenerator wrote:https://developer.valvesoftware.com/w/i ... xample.png

Yeah, change the messages would be cool, but probably this function is scripted too. The only way that I put Out of bounds in my park is using water merging with floors. The water won't appear and if you step into the floor you will be teleported back to the start point. This is not possible with acid because the acid is too much under the concrete/grass/sand/street floors, and all of these floors are solid, so you will touch the floor instead of acid.

Acid:
http://i.imgur.com/wYbQq9N.jpg

Water:
http://i.imgur.com/7t7ULaS.jpg
K3V1N4000 wrote:
DeGenerator wrote:We need more things to give life to our street themed parks! I just love this theme and I'm really bored with the actual parks. The CAP creators try their best to make the maps look like a city, but always are similar to a traditional skatepark. Even with me that happen.
More assets wouldn't hurt but remember that new levels might give new future assets. For now, we all gotta do miracles with what we're given. e_e
But remember the hell theme, you can go out of the park without fences clipping the player.
K3V1N4000 wrote:Before i forget, you seem to not know about an upcoming level editor that's being made for years now. So check these, you're welcome. ;)
ShutMeUp (Me) on thpsX wrote:Advanced editor is my way of calling the CAP editor that's WIP, i call it "Advanced Editor" because i assume it won't be as user friendly as CAP. You should check this videos:
LevelEditor PT1
LevelEditor PT2
Extra i just found
LevelEditor Update
Fun Fun Fun

The current state of the project? It's going to be added to THUGPro, according to i believe morten or quazz, i rather they add levels and other features first because maybe we could toy around with said features and possibly have even more assets!
Thank you. I already saw the videos, but the videos say that is a outdated mod. Can you give me the link of this quote from this guy? I didn't find it.

Btw, this is one of my old videos that I made about THUG PRO, here you can see what I used to create a city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e613mwyj180

Skater1014
VIP

Post by Skater1014 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:08 pm

DeGenerator wrote:Can you give me the link of this quote from this guy? I didn't find it.
http://thpsx.com/forums/index.php?topic ... 00#msg4000

K3V1N4000

Post by K3V1N4000 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:27 pm

DeGenerator wrote:
K3V1N4000 wrote:
DeGenerator wrote:https://developer.valvesoftware.com/w/i ... xample.png

Yeah, change the messages would be cool, but probably this function is scripted too. The only way that I put Out of bounds in my park is using water merging with floors. The water won't appear and if you step into the floor you will be teleported back to the start point. This is not possible with acid because the acid is too much under the concrete/grass/sand/street floors, and all of these floors are solid, so you will touch the floor instead of acid.

Acid:
http://i.imgur.com/wYbQq9N.jpg

Water:
http://i.imgur.com/7t7ULaS.jpg
Oh, yea, kinda forgot about that, lol
I did it on one of my mazes uploaded in thpsX to troll the player. :P
If the water effect didn't show up, it'd look natural. e_e
DeGenerator wrote:
K3V1N4000 wrote:
But remember the hell theme, you can go out of the park without fences clipping the player.
The hell theme is an exception, lol, im talking about the other themes, you could remove the fences with Cheat Engine or hex editing the park but it's not like you can skate outside of it. That is, if a lame bounce doesn't bother you then feel free to try it.
DeGenerator wrote:
K3V1N4000 wrote:Before i forget, you seem to not know about an upcoming level editor that's being made for years now. So check these, you're welcome. ;)
LevelEditor PT1
LevelEditor PT2
Extra i just found
LevelEditor Update
Fun Fun Fun

Thank you. I already saw the videos, but the videos say that is a outdated mod. Can you give me the link of this quote from this guy? I didn't find it.
DeGenerator wrote:Can you give me the link of this quote from this guy? I didn't find it.
DeGenerator wrote:this quote from this guy
It's me. <_<

Anyway, link below!
Sk8ta shared it first. :T

And yep, it's a mod from 2011.

Click!
quazz wrote:The Leveleditor from the screenshots is pretty ancient, eventually Morten switched to work on the THUGPro mod and spent more time doing other stuff. But, Morten has also been working on a revamped version of the leveleditor for the mod, but it's not really public friendly yet.
DeGenerator wrote:Btw, this is one of my old videos that I made about THUG PRO, here you can see what I used to create a city.

I just checked it.
Amazing, i learned a few tricks with that vid, but that must be a really old THUGPro update, nowadays we even have THPS3 themes, lol
And what about that "Park-ed debug menu"? e_e
Your head.

Thank you.

DeGenerator

Post by DeGenerator » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:23 am

K3V1N4000 wrote:
DeGenerator wrote:
K3V1N4000 wrote: By the way, remember that bounces happen if fences are removed! ;)
The hell theme is an exception, lol, im talking about the other themes, you could remove the fences with Cheat Engine or hex editing the park but it's not like you can skate outside of it. That is, if a lame bounce doesn't bother you then feel free to try it.
Yeah, but I mean if they could create new city themes without fences.
K3V1N4000 wrote:
DeGenerator wrote:
It's me. <_<

Anyway, link below!

Click!
quazz wrote:The Leveleditor from the screenshots is pretty ancient, eventually Morten switched to work on the THUGPro mod and spent more time doing other stuff. But, Morten has also been working on a revamped version of the leveleditor for the mod, but it's not really public friendly yet.
It's 2017 and nothing :|
K3V1N4000 wrote:
DeGenerator wrote:Btw, this is one of my old videos that I made about THUG PRO, here you can see what I used to create a city.

I just checked it.
Amazing, i learned a few tricks with that vid, but that must be a really old THUGPro update, nowadays we even have THPS3 themes, lol
I believe that option contains other options like activate or deactivate merging objects and other irrelevant stuff that are already implemented on CAP by default now.

K3V1N4000

If im talking too much, i'll remind you my nickname is ShutMeUp.

Post by K3V1N4000 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:31 pm

DeGenerator wrote:
K3V1N4000 wrote:
DeGenerator wrote: But remember the hell theme, you can go out of the park without fences clipping the player.
Yeah, but I mean if they could create new city themes without fences.
Well, the fences are not part of the background afaik, just objects you can't touch, as i said, you could try removing with hex edit or cheat engine! e_e
Success is not guaranteed, tho, you'll just bounce back. a_a'
DeGenerator wrote:
K3V1N4000 wrote:
DeGenerator wrote: Thank you. I already saw the videos, but the videos say that is a outdated mod. Can you give me the link of this quote from this guy? I didn't find it.
It's me. <_<

Anyway, link below!

Click!
It's 2017 and nothing :|
Well, i remember seeing some footage made on either in 2015 or 2016 of i believe quazz and i think frost just toying around with it. It was on Kona but i can't really remember when or how i found it, besides, im on a phone, no time nor specs to be browsing my YT history.
If someone could send it, i'd appreciate it.
Also, you know what they say... "Patience is a virtue". ;)
DeGenerator wrote:
K3V1N4000 wrote:

I just checked it.
I believe that option contains other options like activate or deactivate merging objects and other irrelevant stuff that are already implemented on CAP by default now.
Then, what a dissapointment, lol, i thought it had like experimental tools and shit. THAT would be an actual "debug CAP menu". :D

But oh well, i can dream! :T
Your head.

Thank you.