Special Tricks From Other THPS Games

Give us your ideas to make THUG Pro even better.
Skater1014
VIP

Special Tricks From Other THPS Games

Post by Skater1014 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Since the devs are able to port SOME animations now (and seeing how they brought back Misty Flip), I bet that it wouldn't be impossible to port over special tricks from THPS3, THPS4, THUG1, THUG2 Remix, THAW, & THPG (Wii and/or PS2 version).

K3V1N4000

Re: Special Tricks From Other THPS Games

Post by K3V1N4000 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:05 pm

I thought THUG2 Remix had the same specials.. Mind telling me the different ones? :T

Also, i second this suggestion! ;D
Your head.
Use it before posting, please.

Thank you.

Skater1014
VIP

Post by Skater1014 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:28 pm

K3V1N4000 wrote:I thought THUG2 Remix had the same specials.. Mind telling me the different ones? :T
It has the same specials as THUG2 along with some new ones like Rodeo Grind, Voltraman Grind, Guru Grind, Butt Slide, Longboard Grind, an air trick that involves fanning yourself, & I think a few others.
I think that Hot Rod was removed though... :(
I think that I did some of the new tricks in my video.

EDIT: Made a new THUG2 Remix vid testing the audio. I did some more special tricks in it.
Last edited by Skater1014 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Post by %.gone. » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:01 pm

I've mentioned this before and in no way does this mean it'll happen.
If you wan't animations to be added you need to be specific and not just say e.g. "all added from thaw".
Trick name and what type of trick it is are more helpful than expecting someone to sift through thousands of animations in an attempt to find one.

Skater1014
VIP

Post by Skater1014 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:20 pm

%.gone. wrote:If you wan't animations to be added you need to be specific and not just say e.g. "all added from thaw".
I'll try to be a bit more specific:

I'm talking about all of the special tricks (from THPS3, THPS4, THUG1, THUG2 Remix, THAW, & THPG) that got removed/do not exist in THUG2.
That means all of the special grind, manual, & air tricks that aren't originally in THUG2 but were in those other games.

That's the most specific that I can get...
%.gone. wrote:I've mentioned this before and in no way does this mean it'll happen.
I never said that it will happen and I know that you can only do THUG1 & THAW animations right now.

I'm not expecting or demanding anything to be done right away (or even at all).
It's just a suggestion.

skatefilter5

THPS3 and THPS4 as well as Remix

Post by skatefilter5 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:45 pm

THPS3 and THPS4 have the coolest special tricks because THUG2 didn't have enough special tricks, and I never seen all special tricks in THUG2 Remix if you show what the trick look like in THUG2 Remix.

I like Superman trick, and Hand clap some several more.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Post by %.gone. » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:53 am

You need to name them and their type. It's clear you didn't understand my suggestion if you want anything to happen.
I never said those were your words I am stating that by me acknowledging you in this thread it is not acknowledgement of action. Please stop assuming everything I say is against you.

It's far easier to locate a trick animation if its name and type are known. Your assumption is that we're going to sift through them all to see which ones aren't already in the game. That is by your own admission by repeating yourself with "all special tricks".

Skater1014
VIP

Post by Skater1014 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:07 pm

%.gone. wrote:You need to name them and their type.
%.gone. wrote:It's far easier to locate a trick animation if its name and type are known.
The only list of special tricks that I know of without looking are the ones in THUG2 Remix.
I'll see if I can make a list of the tricks from the other games some other time.
It would be great if other people could help me with this too. (Looking for special tricks from THPS3-THPG that don't exist in THUG2/PRO.)

THUG2 Remix
(Hopefully I'm not missing any...)
- Rodeo Grind
Type: Grind

- Voltraman Grind

- Guru Grind

- Butt Slide

- Longboard Grind

- Board Fan
Type: Air

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Post by %.gone. » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:00 pm

I'll see if I can make a list of the tricks from the other games some other time.
It would be great if other people could help me with this too. (Looking for special tricks from THPS3-THPG that don't exist in THUG2/PRO.)
A compiled list of all the tricks would be great. Maybe the original post could be edited to reflect this if others start to give input.
Maybe name and type on the same line to consolidate them, I'd image there will be a lot from thps3 - thpg.
Keep in mind th3, th4, thpg cant be mapped to thug2 yet and I havn't looked at any thug2r.
thug1, thug2, thaw, thp8, thdj can be mapped to thug2.

quazz
Global Moderator

Post by quazz » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:42 pm

I actually tested the THUG2R special tricks a while ago and they work without any modification of the files. The thing is they don't really look that great, and seem uninspired. Also if you've played THUG2R you might have noticed that all of the animations look really squirrelly and unstable, this effect was still present when bringing them over to PC...

As for asking for all of the specials, I think that hasn't been ruled out, but it just seems a lot smarter to maybe hand pick the better ones to bring over first.