Bad collision on some CAP objects

Please inform us of any bugs encountered during THUG Pro.
TomoAlien

Bad collision on some CAP objects

Post by TomoAlien »

So, some CAP items seem to have screwed up collisions.

First off, the Jeep:
If you skate straight into the front or the side of it, you can pass through it!
Seems like only the wheels have collision when skating on the ground.

Boston Spine:
If you skate into the front entrance of it... you can pass through it.
Sometimes it might happen if you try to approach it from other sides, but approaching it from the entrance will let you clip through for sure.
This probably has to do with the fact that this object seems to be floating slightly above the ground.

Rio QP and Skatestreet Outside:
Placing them like this, you can get stuck between them in the places I've highlighted in green.
K3V1N4000

Re: Bad collision on some CAP objects

Post by K3V1N4000 »

If you bail heading into an skyscrapper, it makes you go inside it! :shock:
It's not easy, tho, it happened to me like just once or twice. ._.
Your head.
Use it before posting, please.

Thank you.
Zmathue
VIP

Post by Zmathue »

Yeah this is due to my patch that allows you to skate under floating/stacked Cap objects, they don't allow you normally to skate under the objects because in case the first collision detection (from the mesh) fails it would catch it, but I disabled that so some objects with sub par collision meshs fail.
TomoAlien

Post by TomoAlien »

Zmathue wrote:Yeah this is due to my patch that allows you to skate under floating/stacked Cap objects, they don't allow you normally to skate under the objects because in case the first collision detection (from the mesh) fails it would catch it, but I disabled that so some objects with sub par collision meshs fail.
I'm pretty sure it could be easily fixed for the Boston Spine by lowering it to the ground, as it's floating slightly above it.
The funbox glitches are because of the fact that there's a TINY space between them, where you can get stuck.