360 LT/RT not recognized at all

Please inform us of any bugs encountered during THUG Pro.
Catarax
VIP

360 LT/RT not recognized at all

Post by Catarax »

Despite LT/RT not properly distingued by THUG2, i can't map at all one of this command on THUGPRO contrary to the original THUG2 which allow LT or RT mapping at least.

It get stuck to (none) when I use LT or RT (supposed to get "Axe LZ").

THUG2 config :

Hope to see it fixed.
Using a 360 wireless controller on Windows 10.
%.gone.
Global Moderator

Re: 360 LT/RT not recognized at all

Post by %.gone. »

Not sure what youre going on about.
The launcher will only set both triggers in actions to certain controls else it functions the exact same as any other control where it removes the previously set control. Are you sure you know how the original launcher works?
Catarax
VIP

Post by Catarax »

Yes, i have no trouble on the original launcher, i know how it works.

Just the thugpro launcher doesn't let me map the 360 RT or LT command at all, nothing is registered when i push while thug2 launcher recognize theses 360 command (to one key only of course).

So literally i have to play THUGPRO without one of the RT/LB command. And in THUG2, i can play with RT or LB due to a better recognition in the launcher.

I don't know if the thugpro launcher use the same source code as the original thug2 one but that key seems completely forgotten.

I have also a xbox one controller wireless or cable if you want i do more tests.
%.gone.
Global Moderator

Post by %.gone. »

As I said before only in certain controls will in work.
And then it functions like any other axis where it is set for 2 controls.
You must keep in mind the game uses DirectX so setting both with only perform the same action.
I as well as others have tested this with Xbox360 controllers.

Have you tried the driver changing on windows 10 to make sure this isn't a driver issue? Sounds a bit far fetched considering it works in THUG2 launcher (which it shouldn't because they're an axis so there's no one you're able to set them both), but controllers on Windows 10 are an abomination.
Demo
VIP

Post by Demo »

win7 x64. cannot map any axis at all. povs and buttons work. wired xbox360. thug2 launcher maps them fine.

As a temporary workaround you can open up your registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\THUG Pro\Settings
Find there gp0_xx param (where xx is a number) with ffffffff value and change it to 3.
If you have everything else mapped, there should be only 2 of them, just replace one. it will appear as AXIS LZ in launcher and will work in game.
Catarax
VIP

Post by Catarax »

Demo wrote:win7 x64. cannot map any axis at all. povs and buttons work. wired xbox360. thug2 launcher maps them fine.

As a temporary workaround you can open up your registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\THUG Pro\Settings
Find there gp0_xx param (where xx is a number) with ffffffff value and change it to 3.
If you have everything else mapped, there should be only 2 of them, just replace one. it will appear as AXIS LZ in launcher and will work in game.
Thanks for the workaround!

I use the original driver automatically installed from Windows when a controller is plugged, but I remember that this bug was there since the beta release.
%.gone.
Global Moderator

Post by %.gone. »

Im on win7 x64 stop making blanket statements as 'axis cant be set at all'.
Just because it doesn't work for you on said system doesn't mean it doesn't work for all on said system.
Demo
VIP

Post by Demo »

more like "Just because it works for you on said system doesn't mean it works for all on said system."
the bitching won't really fix the issue that is clearly not caused by "win10" or "drivers".
check your culture code if there is any, .net is a pussy about it.
%.gone.
Global Moderator

Post by %.gone. »

I said it correctly and it's quite apparent the drivers and windows 10 ARE IN FACT A PROBLEM.
Doing a quick google search will show you this but for some reason you feel the need to belittle others work because you feel strongly enough about your OPINION without presenting facts. Thanks again for showing your true colors, Demo.
"Culture" is the text based language the system is running and has no other failures. Are you using a right to left language? then you're an idiot to assume that culture of the application has anything to do with a single button on a controller not working for a select FEW people.
Demo
VIP

Post by Demo »

so you didn't parse floats on any system that doesn't use dot as a divisor, did you?
the fact is that there is EXACT same problem on win7 which you just claimed to work flawlessly a few posts ago. if that's not a fact, then I don't know what your definition of fact is. not to mention I just assumed it might be related, since your launcher didn't even start until I changed locale to english.
even though you're a famous douchebag, you left me speechless here. one does not simply reports bugs to gone cause it's either "a feature" or "you're an idiot". until it gets fixed months later. oh well.