Constant crashing as client when playing online

Please inform us of any bugs encountered during THUG Pro.
dimapoter2

Constant crashing as client when playing online

Post by dimapoter2 »

I only tried joining as client. Seems to happen on all levels (non-CAP). Here's the only thing that the log said during the one run session where I got thrown off of a server on College with a crash:

Code: Select all

[11-11-2016 @ 20:43]: WARNING: script Unknown(0x0a661a29) not found, ignoring in default level.

[11-11-2016 @ 20:43]: WARNING: script Unknown(0x0a661a29) not found, ignoring in default level.

[11-11-2016 @ 20:49]: WARNING: script Unknown(0x0a661a29) not found, ignoring in default level.

[11-11-2016 @ 20:49]: WARNING: script Unknown(0x0a661a29) not found, ignoring in default level.
Others are getting this issue too, apparently.

EDIT:
I can provide a crash dump, which would probably help far more? The log shows nothing out of place I'm assuming.

Some other info:
The crashing doesn't feel random. There are these tiny hiccups, for example during a bail after a long combo, or when somebody joins the server. Sometimes the hiccup keeps the game playing. Conversely, sometimes, after a little pause, it crashes.
Skater1014
VIP

Re: Constant crashing as client when playing online

Post by Skater1014 »

I think that the devs already know about this issue.
This issue has been around for months. It's also the reason why I don't play THUGPRO online as much anymore.
CHC
Site Admin

Post by CHC »

the checksum maps to "Obj_VarInc", but i'm pretty sure this warning is normal on normal thug2 as well
%.gone.
Global Moderator

Post by %.gone. »

Those script not found messages aren't the cause of your crash.
dimapoter2

Post by dimapoter2 »

Shall we start handing in some crash reports? I need help on finding them btw. Can't find any mdumps in my %windir% or anywhere inside it. THUGPro and the THUG2 installation dirs are also a no go.

Does the game not send the crash information back to thmods on its own?

EDIT:
Oh, I think I off'd my WER service a long time ago. I'll see if it needs to be enabled and give her a shot.