THUG 2 PC WAD Archive

THUG+ discussions can go here, about modding, or what ever you want
PerfectCh40z
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:45 pm

THUG 2 PC WAD Archive

Postby PerfectCh40z » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:54 am

Hi,
Do you guys know, what kind of WAD extractor I should use for THUG 2 PC's WAD archive, which contains all the sound effects? "data/streams/pcm/pcm.wad" I know that the sound effects are in .PCM format, and I can convert that format to WAV and convert a normal WAV back to THUG 2's format by using Xbox ADPCM Codec. And also, it would be really awesome, if the extractor could also pack .PCMs to WAD so I could put the modified sound effects back to the game as well.

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Morten1337
Site Admin
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:23 pm
Location: Norway

Re: THUG 2 PC WAD Archive

Postby Morten1337 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:46 am

use this to extract and inject the bik files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u755lrs4iv1uy ... adTool.exe (just drop the wad file into the exe to extract, and drop a folder with bik files to create a new wad)

http://www.radgametools.com/ and this for converting to and from bik format.

PerfectCh40z
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: THUG 2 PC WAD Archive

Postby PerfectCh40z » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:59 am

Thanks a lot Morten! Didn't know that the sound effects were bink files aswell xD but however, they're easier to convert.

ssiskgod
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: THUG 2 PC WAD Archive

Postby ssiskgod » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:00 pm

I don't understand. How do I use this?

%.gone.
Global Moderator
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: THUG 2 PC WAD Archive

Postby %.gone. » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:48 pm

ssiskgod wrote:I don't understand. How do I use this?

The exe supports drag and drop as Morten mentioned.
To extract
Morten1337 wrote:just drop the wad file into the exe to extract

To rebuild
Morten1337 wrote:drop a folder with bik files to create a new wad

User avatar
LightningSam
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:30 pm
Contact:

Re: THUG 2 PC WAD Archive

Postby LightningSam » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:36 pm

Whenever I drag the .wad file onto the program, nothing happens.

Why is this?
Image

Catarax
VIP
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: THUG 2 PC WAD Archive

Postby Catarax » Sat May 21, 2016 11:36 am

LightningSam wrote:Whenever I drag the .wad file onto the program, nothing happens.

Why is this?

Drag the .dat

User avatar
LightningSam
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:30 pm
Contact:

Re: THUG 2 PC WAD Archive

Postby LightningSam » Sat May 21, 2016 3:38 pm

Catarax wrote:
LightningSam wrote:Whenever I drag the .wad file onto the program, nothing happens.

Why is this?

Drag the .dat


That worked! Thank you so much! :D

Now it's time to find out which one of these is the "WHYYYYYYY" clip, then set it as my text tone.
Image

Catarax
VIP
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: THUG 2 PC WAD Archive

Postby Catarax » Sat May 21, 2016 4:18 pm

LightningSam wrote:
Catarax wrote:
LightningSam wrote:Whenever I drag the .wad file onto the program, nothing happens.

Why is this?

Drag the .dat


That worked! Thank you so much! :D

Now it's time to find out which one of these is the "WHYYYYYYY" clip, then set it as my text tone.

Happy to have helped you (didn't really expected a reply haha).
Good luck, the archive is big.


Return to “THUG+”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest