[THAW] [PC] Re-encoded Soundtrack

New mods can be put here with the game name at the beginning.
Forum rules
Specifiy what game it is for and give reasonable instructions on how to install it.
Give credit where credit is due.
ThAEm

[THAW] [PC] Re-encoded Soundtrack

Postby ThAEm » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:24 pm

This is the entire THAW soundtrack re-encoded from high-quality sources, in their explicit forms!

98% of the songs were encoded from lossless sources (FLAC, CD, etc.).
I used ReplayGain to calculate the loudness of all the songs All the songs should have more constant volume levels.
An old version of RAD Video Tools was used to encode the songs. The old tools encode better sound quality compared to the new tools. The quality is almost WAV-like.

DOWNLOAD SOUNDTRACK (699.7 MB)

If you want the clean soundtrack in higher quality, Catarax re-encoded the soundtrack from the Xbox version.

I might do this for other games, too, so be on the lookout for that.

Thanks to Morten for writing the PCM WAD Tool!
Last edited by ThAEm on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We underground pro, can't go gimmicky." -Frog One

Catarax
VIP

Re: [THAW] [PC] Re-encoded Soundtrack

Postby Catarax » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:32 am

Good job!
However I'm not a huge fan of replaygain, some tracks still sound a bit at an higher level than others, i prefer constant mix of original release.

If you want, I have a complete folder of CD ver. of thug 2 ost... some version of tracks are exclusive to the thug 2 mix also.

For reencoding the THAW soundtrack, you could use also pcmWadTool by drag'n'drop a folder of bik.

ThAEm

Postby ThAEm » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Catarax wrote:I'm not a huge fan of replaygain, some tracks still sound a bit at an higher level than others

I used RG because I tried to make the volume levels like how they were for THPS4's music. I kinda liked how THPS4's music had like a balance in volume. But to be honest, some songs did sound louder and quieter in 4 and in this pack, too. I might re-release this with the original volume levels, or at least more constant ones.
Catarax wrote:If you want, I have a complete folder of CD ver. of thug 2 ost... some version of tracks are exclusive to the thug 2 mix also.

I do have some good-quality sources for the THUG2 songs as well, but I'd like to see what you have, too. :D
Catarax wrote:For reencoding the THAW soundtrack, you could use also pcmWadTool by drag'n'drop a folder of bik.

I wasn't aware of the tool until shortly after releasing this (like a day or two later). The tool saves so much time. lol

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it!

ThAEm

Postby ThAEm » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:20 pm

UPDATE! (06/19/2018)
  • All songs now have more constant volume levels instead of having their levels be calculated by ReplayGain. The music should be a bit louder now.
  • I used Morten's PCM WAD Tool to repack all the BIK files. The tool saves so much more time compared to the practical hex-editing method. Props!

Return to “Mod Releases”