This started with an attempt to add a level out feature to THPS3.
It ended up being a massive gameplay overhaul with better gameplay mechanics, new tricks and lots of bugfixes.
What is leveling out?
It was added in THPS4 and allows you to "level out" after you go up a quarter pipe so that you don't bail when you hit the ground next to the QP.
When used while still over the QP you'll land on the rail.
- Able to Level out while doing a trick in a Quarterpipe
- Ksk's flips and rolls can be seen when done in a QP now
- Replaced Ksk's Wallieplant with real Wallieplant from THPS4
- Dropdown more responsive and bug free
- Spine Transfer when there is a QP directly after the QP you launched off
- Lots of bugfixes, including BW manual fix
- Changes the sound of "hidden combo" or the trick tweaking sound to the one found in THPS4 and later.
- Massive Trick Overhaul
- 40 new tricks from THPS1,THPS2 + new ones (temporary removed)
- More responsive doubletap grabtrick/fliptrick system
Trick Overhaul Details
Made doubletap tricks for certain flip- and grabtricks:
fingerflip -> double fingerflip
frontfoot impossible -> double frontfoot impossible
ollie airwalk -> ollie airwalk late shove-it
ollie north -> ollie north backfoot flip
cannonball -> cannonball fingerflip
tailgrab -> One foot tailgrab
Since there was no decent way to make a 360 inward heelflip, I just used a standard 360 heelflip
inward heelflip -> 360 heelflip
Trickspeed, trickslack, score now resembles those of THPS4.
I unlocked next to all skater specific special tricks. e.g The Beserker, Claw Punch, Panhandling
Kickflip to Crail/Indy/Melon can be hold like real grabs now.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE KSK MOD 1.3 INSTALLED BEFORE INSTALLING THIS
Unzip the "Sounds" and "Scripts" map into the THPS3/Data folder.
Be sure to backup your TH313 folder.
Note that using any of the extra tricks can crash a person's game when he
doesn't have my mod installed.
Therefore I also provided my mod without any extra tricks.
Last updated on 28/1/2012 levelout2.9.zip
FOR PEOPLE THAT DON'T USE MY MOD
If you don't use my mod and don't want to get crashed by it, unzip the following file into your THPS3/Data folder. FordefaultTHPS3players1.1.zip
Then add the following two lines to the END of your qdir.txt file
Code: Select all
- Nollie Stance / "L2" to level out
- Switch / "R2" is still used for Ksk's flips and rolls
- When doing a grab, the grab ends while leveling out
- able to to grind rail of qp when doing a flip/roll in QP (consider this a feature)
- rotating camera positions when doing flips and rolls in QP
- rotating camera positions when doing Indy Backflip/Yeehaw Frontflip in QP
- levelout is buggy when used in conjunction with flips and rolls
- lose all of momentum when using levelout/flips and rolls in qp
Changelog 2.8 (26/1/2012)
- Fixed BW manual bug
- Replaced Ksk's wallieplant with real wallieplant from THPS4
- fixed inconsistency with doubletap fliptricks(more responsive now)
- fixed Ksk's delay in dropdown when in QP
- fixed Ksk's Dropdown not working correctly all the time
- Dropdown works on special grinds too now
- tweaked 1-2-3-4 trickspeed
- Added 40 extra tricks (From THPS1,THPS2 + new ones)
- Matched scores and tricknames from older games
- Fixed graphical glitch with Visiting Home for skater that are not Demoness
- Added Visiting Home manual to tricklist
- roughly ordered the tricks alphabetically
Changelog 2.9 (28/1/2012)
- Temporary removed new tricks
- Fixed server crashing bug from THPS3 1.3