[THHD] Community Patch

New mods can be put here with the game name at the beginning.
Forum rules
Specifiy what game it is for and give reasonable instructions on how to install it.
Give credit where credit is due.
skejt23
VIP

[THHD] Community Patch

Post by skejt23 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:50 am

Version 0.1 Changelog:
- Added reverts on every level
- No logo vidoes on start

More stuff coming soon!

How to install:
Just place the contents of the rar archive into the folder with the game exe and run the game.
For example: E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD\Binaries\Win32

Download: Link

Credits:
skejt23
KaMeR

Anteara
VIP

Re: [THHD] Community Patch

Post by Anteara » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:59 am

Very nice... So you've injected your dll by calling it from dbghelp.dll? What are the advantages to that? I've tried manually injecting the dll using an injector but evidently it doesn't work.
Also, how did you actually edit dbghelp.dll?

bAstimc
VIP

Post by bAstimc » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:06 am

he built an own dll which injects the original + mod.dll

i added this toggleable Patch to Launcher

the revert is still bit lame that you have to do manual afterwards instead of just doing an ollie :x
Last edited by bAstimc on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

skejt23
VIP

Post by skejt23 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:07 am

bAstimc wrote:he built an own dll which injects the original + mod.dll
That's correct. Advantage of that is that there is no injector, therefore antiviruses wouldn't pop up or something like that.

PS. Last time i checked normal injector work too (cheat engine injector for example).
bAstimc wrote:the revert is still bit lame that you have to do manual afterwards instead of just doing an ollie :x
Yeah, i guess that's how robomodo wanted it to work.

Anteara
VIP

Post by Anteara » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:11 am

skejt23 wrote:
That's correct. Advantage of that is that there is no injector, therefore antiviruses wouldn't pop up or something like that.

PS. Last time i checked normal injector work too (cheat engine injector for example).
Ah, so the THHDMod.dll is actually a normal game dll, with your added code on top?

skejt23
VIP

Post by skejt23 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:12 am

Anteara wrote:
skejt23 wrote:

Ah, so the THHDMod.dll is actually a normal game dll, with your added code on top?
Nope, THHDMod.dll is my dll and dbghelp.dll is also my dll.

Anteara
VIP

Post by Anteara » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:30 am

Ah.. that's what I thought, then that goes back to my original question in my first reply:
Also, how did you actually edit dbghelp.dll?
Comparing the files though yours is 8kb and theirs is 1045 kb. Looks like a lot of that wasn't needed then.

I'm assuming the way you did this is by assuming:
1) dbghelp.dll is an unecessary dll
2) It's also loaded automatically, so if you make your dll under that name (similar to making a dll called d3dx9.dll) you can have it called automatically
3) because it's being called by the game itself, you can just call your dll from that dll, which essentially makes it an integrated injector.

Right?

skejt23
VIP

Post by skejt23 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:40 am

I didn't edit dbghelp.dll i just repalced it with my own. Orginal dbghelp.dll is called dbghelp_org.dll now.

Anteara
VIP

Post by Anteara » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:42 am

skejt23 wrote:I didn't edit dbghelp.dll i just repalced it with my own. Orginal dbghelp.dll is called dbghelp_org.dll now.
Ah, but the same principle applies. It's automatically being called by the game so you can use it to call your dll.
Sorry for being such an idiot, I suck when it comes to dlls, and c++, haha.

skejt23
VIP

Post by skejt23 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:45 am

Anteara wrote:It's automatically being called by the game so you can use it to call your dll.
That's the whole point. I dont't have to use injectors or stuff like that, because it's loaded in dbghelp.dll which is loaded by the game itself.