THUG PRO - Download

New mods can be put here with the game name at the beginning.
Forum rules
Specifiy what game it is for and give reasonable instructions on how to install it.
Give credit where credit is due.
nobody

Re: THUG PRO - Download

Post by nobody » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:27 pm

Demo wrote:
nobody wrote:Has anyone tried ripping the textures from THPSHD for the classic levels?
easliy done with UEViewer. but what for? they are absolutely different plus they use normal maps and light maps which is unsupported.
Didn't realize that. My bad. I'd love to see some of your 512x textures in THUGPRO though, they look great!

Demo
VIP

Post by Demo » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:21 am

nobody wrote:Didn't realize that. My bad. I'd love to see some of your 512x textures in THUGPRO though, they look great!
there is airport 512x for thug2, but you have to use it with texmod. i also replaced some textures in boston back then.
i could try to look into more conversions if there were user friendly tools, but it's up to thug2 scene, as it's normally not my area.

mwb37

Post by mwb37 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:51 am

I have a few more suggestions for improving the game's visual appeal.

1. The skaters' shadows are kind of jagged and should have better anti-aliasing. It would also be nice if pedestrians had shadows.

2. A lot of the textures could be higher resolution. Anti-aliasing for textures could probably make them look a little more appealing.

3. Some of the metallic objects like windows could have better reflective effects. The reflection on the floor in the Airport level is really inaccurate. I'd suggest make it look accurate, or just getting rid of it entirely.

4. The intensity and trajectory of light emitted from certain objects could be adjusted to look more accurate.

nobody

Post by nobody » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:52 pm

mwb37 wrote:I have a few more suggestions for improving the game's visual appeal.

1. The skaters' shadows are kind of jagged and should have better anti-aliasing. It would also be nice if pedestrians had shadows.

2. A lot of the textures could be higher resolution. Anti-aliasing for textures could probably make them look a little more appealing.

3. Some of the metallic objects like windows could have better reflective effects. The reflection on the floor in the Airport level is really inaccurate. I'd suggest make it look accurate, or just getting rid of it entirely.

4. The intensity and trajectory of light emitted from certain objects could be adjusted to look more accurate.
General lighting adjustments would be great. Colors should be less flat. THPSHD did a decent job at this imo.

Most effects aren't really easy to do though since I assume it would require some major adjustments to the rendering engine or whatever. Something like an ENB would fix (some) issues in regards to the flat colors and such.

Things like reflections are probably pretty unlikely. AAed shadows sound possible, ped shadows idk. HD textures have been done in the past outside of THUGPRO (thps3, some thug2 maps, older maps, etc.) Anyone who knows how the THUG2 stuff works could probably correct me on this, since I don't really know how THUG2 works.

I don't really know how the rendering system, or any of the THUG2 code is like. I would love to dick around with it, but I have no idea where to start since I have yet to find source code, unless the qb files are the actual source for the game? I doubt that. I don't know, I'm rambling at this point.

quazz
Global Moderator

Post by quazz » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:26 pm

@mwb37

While I agree that the game could look a lot better, there's not much we can do. If we had a brand new game engine with access to new lighting effects, particle effects, then we could do these things. But it would really be a whole another project.

fore1gn

Post by fore1gn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:25 pm

So this is kinda shameful because I honestly haven't read the whole thread, but I have a serious problem.

I just did a clean install of T2 and put THUGpro on-top without any modifications. And it tells me an unhandled exception occured during a WebClient request, I can Continue or Quit. If I continue I can't change the controls or resolutions or anything, but I can run the game (which is unplayable due to the unmodded controls). I run as admin. The program is allowed through FW as well. There's a long list of detailed info on what happened but I can't really understand any of it.

Is there anything else I should install on top of this? I fully cleaned my register of anything T2-related before the install as well - it's supposed to be 100% clean. I just wanna play normally again :<

So I just reinstalled with the 3click installer, tried all the fixes in the OP and still failed.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Post by %.gone. » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:27 am

Try this
If controls are still messed up use the original game launcher to set keyboard and gamepad bindings.

fore1gn

Post by fore1gn » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Thanks, it works perfectly now. The res is still not 1080p, but now I can play all the levels that I couldn't before and can in general PLAY! Thanks!

ThAEm

Post by ThAEm » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:18 pm

I re-installed THUG Pro on my computer, and I just can't get it to work! I get the error "Memory stream is not expandable." I tried the provided solution, but that didn't work. :(

P.S. I use Windows 7.

P.P.S. The reason I re-installed it was 'cause I needed the computer to be taken to Best Buy for repairs, so everything was erased.
"We underground pro, can't go gimmicky." -Frog One

Catarax
VIP

Post by Catarax » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:52 pm

I have created a new save game within THUGPRO and now I have a crash when data is loaded after THUGPRO loading screen (weird because old saves on it worked very well).

I tried to delete everything in :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Tony Hawk's Underground 2\Game\Save

But the game is still able to load a save at start. Where is it really stored?

Thanks!