THUG PRO - Download

New mods can be put here with the game name at the beginning.
Forum rules
Specifiy what game it is for and give reasonable instructions on how to install it.
Give credit where credit is due.
KaMeR
VIP

Re: THUG PRO - Download

Postby KaMeR » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:13 am

it's weird without loading screens and it doesn't make it faster to load. now it just freeze screen for a moment and its ugly.

ztreek

Postby ztreek » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:21 am

Having it on an SSD does makes the non-loading screen feels fun, if it is possible, maybe you can do some pre-loading of all levels when launching the game, dont think peopel would mind a 10-15 sec load time if everything else is instant.

quazz
Global Moderator

Postby quazz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:13 pm

KaMeR wrote:it's weird without loading screens and it doesn't make it faster to load. now it just freeze screen for a moment and its ugly.

It doesn't really make sense to have loading screens anymore if its gonna just be displayed for literally 1 second. But, maybe we will add a fade-in-out thing

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Postby %.gone. » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:17 pm

quazz7654 wrote:
KaMeR wrote:it's weird without loading screens and it doesn't make it faster to load. now it just freeze screen for a moment and its ugly.

It doesn't really make sense to have loading screens anymore if its gonna just be displayed for literally 1 second. But, maybe we will add a fade-in-out thing

That IS the point of a loading screen to prevent having to do anything else such as "fade in out" and also notifies that something is happening, even if only for a second.

Demo
VIP

Postby Demo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:24 am

every thug1 map loads here in 4-8 seconds. doesn't feel like no loading at all.

ztreek

Postby ztreek » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 am

Demo wrote:every thug1 map loads here in 4-8 seconds. doesn't feel like no loading at all.

0.5-1 sec for me on SSD, 2-4 sec on HDD.

Loading Screens are not needed at all.. if you have a shittyass 90ths PC, to bad.

Demo
VIP

Postby Demo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:42 pm

ztreek wrote:
Demo wrote:Loading Screens are not needed at all.. if you have a shittyass 90ths PC, to bad.

it's enough to me that "shittyass 90th PC" can handle crysis and gta4. such an ignorance.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Postby %.gone. » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:31 pm

Demo wrote:
ztreek wrote:
Demo wrote:Loading Screens are not needed at all.. if you have a shittyass 90ths PC, to bad.

it's enough to me that "shittyass 90th PC" can handle crysis and gta4. such an ignorance.

I agree with you. Telling someone they have a shitty-ass PC because their level takes a couple of seconds longer to load is ridiculous.
It isn't like they need to code in the mechanics to display a loading screen, it's already in the game.
And for quazz to compare a launcher to dial-up in the 90's and then say that levels load a fraction of a second we should deal with it is even more ridiculous.
I have an ASUS P8-Z77-VLK board with an i5-3rd gen and 8 gb ram. It takes me longer than a fraction of a second to load, pfft 90's PC.

ztreek

Postby ztreek » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Demo wrote:
ztreek wrote:

I wasnt being to serious, sorry if i stepped on somebodys toes.

probotik

Postby probotik » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:58 pm

On another note, found a few level bugs in nj, hard to explain so i put them in a vid
http://youtu.be/Mg1QkWkFA6A

Return to “Mod Releases”