THAW Game Launcher

New mods can be put here with the game name at the beginning.
Forum rules
Specifiy what game it is for and give reasonable instructions on how to install it.
Give credit where credit is due.
Demo
VIP

Re: THAW Game Launcher

Post by Demo »

Kenny wrote: i use your mod :lol:
i warn you. don't mess with gone. really. don't.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Post by %.gone. »

Kenny wrote:
%.gone. wrote:you still didn't answer my other question, are you using THE MOD OR STANDARD VERSION
I am unable to reproduce this issue.
BUG DOESN'T HAPPEN FOR EVERYONE and will not be fixed unless people who experience this bugs don't say stupid shit like "just delete this and that and fix"
i use your mod :lol:
Stop spreading misinformation you babbling buffoon.

Kenny

Post by Kenny »

reupload pls

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Post by %.gone. »

Kenny wrote:reupload pls
fixed

TheTrueRival

Post by TheTrueRival »

I can't press Patch and Play can you help me ?
Sorry for my Bad English im not from America or UK

bernald

Post by bernald »

Hi guys,Really appreciate your work.Thanks for update.Now work fine.i will come back shortly.Please keep touch with us.Thanks a lot :D

JaneSullivan

Post by JaneSullivan »

Hello fellas :)

I’m new to THAW (but spent a lot of time with playing THPS back in the days) and would love to play THAW at our "retro" LAN parties.

So I did some investigation and came across THE-MOD v0.1, THAW Launcher 1.0.0.5 and of course the official 1.01 patch as the essential files (did I miss something?).
Now I deeply hope, that you can tell how to install them and what should be noted furthermore. :)

What have I done so far:
Fresh installation of THAW (US) and applied patch 1.01 and copied over the reloaded THAW.exe.

Afterwards I’ve copied all the files from the mod 0.1 to the corresponding (sub) directories (overwritten cas_common_e.pak.wpc and levelselect.pak.wpc).

Finally I’ve put the most recent THAWLauncher.exe (1.0.0.5) to “C:\Programme\Aspyr Media, Inc\THAW\Game” and tm_e.pab.wpc + tm_e.pak.wpc + qb_e.pab.wpc + qb_e.pak.wpc ("shipped with" THAW Launcher 1.0.0.5) to “C:\Programme\Aspyr Media, Inc\THAW\Game\data\pak” (overwritten to old ones).

Unfortunately there’s always an “not a valid win 32 application”-error when I try to execute the THAWLauncher.exe :cry:

Did I something wrong?

My OS for playing THAW: Windows XP SP3 32-bit

Please help :(

ZurePitchmen83
VIP

Post by ZurePitchmen83 »

JaneSullivan wrote:Unfortunately there’s always an “not a valid win 32 application”-error when I try to execute the THAWLauncher.exe :cry:

Did I something wrong?

My OS for playing THAW: Windows XP SP3 32-bit

Please help :(
I think gone dropped support for Windows XP on his latest launcher version, Either that or it requires some older version of .NET Framework, Since I also get that error when trying to run it on XP, Haven't yet tried it on Windows 7 or 8 though.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Post by %.gone. »

It wasn't dropped I just lost the code so fixing this issue is out of the question without a full rewrite.
What I believe to be the problem is a .Net package that isn't supported in WinXp. This version was created after I upgraded to VS2013 which defaulted to that .Net framework version.
I helped JaneSullivan via PM and think they're good now.

ThAEm

Post by ThAEm »

copy.com discontinued, so the links are dead
"We underground pro, can't go gimmicky." -Frog One