[Request] *.img.ps2 to tga (or any other viewable image fmt)

Release mod tools/source code to the tools here.
Forum rules
Its preferred you release the source code, but if not its ok, but if its found you stole/borrowed source code from another tool/program and violated its license it will be removed.
nobody
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:56 pm

[Request] *.img.ps2 to tga (or any other viewable image fmt)

Postby nobody » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:05 pm

Are there any tools to convert a *.img.ps2 file to a tga similar to IMG2TGA? Doesn't seem to work with this file type and I can't find any alternatives.

Trying get some deck textures from THP8, if that explains anything. I've used WadEdit to get all of the files, like so: http://i.imgur.com/nFkALiq.png
Trying to make any of these images actually viewable: http://i.imgur.com/GAtZ11l.png

Thanks!

User avatar
ZurePitchmen83
VIP
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:15 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: [Request] *.img.ps2 to tga (or any other viewable image

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:34 am

I have a complied version of the IMG2TGA_PS2 Tool, I don't think it'll work with textures but you're welcome to try, It works perfectly fine on loading screens, Header replacement is required for converting from THAW/THP8. If it doesn't work then try the textures from the XBOX version of THP8, They can easily be converted to DDS format.

I'd upload it as an attachment but I've received the "Temporary folder could not be found. Please check your PHP installation." error when trying to so I've uploaded it to MediaFire.
https://www.mediafire.com/?b4ufnv5rlf1n0bf

%.gone.
Global Moderator
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: [Request] *.img.ps2 to tga (or any other viewable image

Postby %.gone. » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:13 am

THAW and THP8 img files aren't the same as thug2 and earlier.
loose tex files should just contain a single img anyways. Basically just an img with the tex extension not like actual textures.

nobody
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Re: [Request] *.img.ps2 to tga (or any other viewable image

Postby nobody » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:29 pm

ZurePitchmen83 wrote:I have a complied version of the IMG2TGA_PS2 Tool, I don't think it'll work with textures but you're welcome to try, It works perfectly fine on loading screens, Header replacement is required for converting from THAW/THP8. If it doesn't work then try the textures from the XBOX version of THP8, They can easily be converted to DDS format.

I'd upload it as an attachment but I've received the "Temporary folder could not be found. Please check your PHP installation." error when trying to so I've uploaded it to MediaFire.
https://www.mediafire.com/?b4ufnv5rlf1n0bf


Having issues running this - http://i.imgur.com/CscPRzo.png

According to some googling: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum ... vcr100ddll

nobody
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Re: [Request] *.img.ps2 to tga (or any other viewable image

Postby nobody » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:36 pm

%.gone. wrote:THAW and THP8 img files aren't the same as thug2 and earlier.
loose tex files should just contain a single img anyways. Basically just an img with the tex extension not like actual textures.


All I'm really trying to get is the art from the decks, since I really like the default deck's art: http://i.imgur.com/KZpBjdi.png

nobody
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Re: [Request] *.img.ps2 to tga (or any other viewable image

Postby nobody » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Even an .img.psp converter would be fine since I've done the same thing with the PSP version of the game, if anyone has that instead.

%.gone.
Global Moderator
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: [Request] *.img.ps2 to tga (or any other viewable image

Postby %.gone. » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Having issues running this - http://i.imgur.com/CscPRzo.png

The tool you're running is a debug build and by MS standards you are NOT allowed to release debug versions therefore debug version of dlls aren't found on your system unless you have visual studio installed.

This gave me a malicious site warning
Even an .img.psp converter would be fine since I've done the same thing with the PSP version of the game, if anyone has that instead.

No one has made a ps2 version for THAW+ games. If memory serves me correctly the header isn't too much different and should be the same size. You could manually remove the header with a hex editor and manually add a dds header in its place. You'll need to find the value in the img header that states its compression level they usually use dxt1, dxt2 or dxt5 so you could just try all three.

nobody
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Re: [Request] *.img.ps2 to tga (or any other viewable image

Postby nobody » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:04 pm

%.gone. wrote:The tool you're running is a debug build and by MS standards you are NOT allowed to release debug versions therefore debug version of dlls aren't found on your system unless you have visual studio installed.

Alright, thanks

%.gone. wrote:This gave me a malicious site warning


Haha what? Look at the URL - it's a microsoft site. What AV are you using?

%.gone. wrote:No one has made a ps2 version for THAW+ games. If memory serves me correctly the header isn't too much different and should be the same size. You could manually remove the header with a hex editor and manually add a dds header in its place. You'll need to find the value in the img header that states its compression level they usually use dxt1, dxt2 or dxt5 so you could just try all three.


Thanks, might try using a hex editor then

%.gone.
Global Moderator
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: [Request] *.img.ps2 to tga (or any other viewable image

Postby %.gone. » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:34 pm

%.gone. wrote:This gave me a malicious site warning

Haha what? Look at the URL - it's a microsoft site. What AV are you using?

Chrome stopped me, when I tried to click through Malwarebytes stopped me. That was enough for me to stop trying.

%.gone. wrote:No one has made a ps2 version for THAW+ games. If memory serves me correctly the header isn't too much different and should be the same size. You could manually remove the header with a hex editor and manually add a dds header in its place. You'll need to find the value in the img header that states its compression level they usually use dxt1, dxt2 or dxt5 so you could just try all three.


Thanks, might try using a hex editor then

You'll need a little more information from the header like width and height else the dds file wont be valid, but shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

User avatar
Kenny
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Russian Federation

Re: [Request] *.img.ps2 to tga (or any other viewable image

Postby Kenny » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:34 am

i recompile file from ZurePitchmen83 post
look, work for me without this bug http://i.imgur.com/CscPRzo.png - http://www.mediafire.com/download/5lblv ... GA_PS2.exe


Return to “Mod Tools”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests