In-Game Music Playlist RESTORED

This is a forum for THUG Pro.
Skater1014
VIP

Re: In-Game Music Playlist RESTORED

Postby Skater1014 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:09 pm

quazz wrote:Decompiling QB's that have been extracted from our prx's will not have table files, nor have text names in the script, so you will not be able to recompile them.

Personally, I do not recommend disabling the update ability.

I've been meaning to add an ability to disable the level ambience tracks, it's really just a lot better to use something else for music. It's really hard to justify the work towards new music playing functions at this point.

So, that explains why I can't compile it. Also, I agree with you about the updater getting disabled. I only included the file just in case people didn't want to deal with the file validation every time and I even stated to back up the original file if they use that one so their games can update.

Also, even though you aren't planning to do anything with the music, is it possible to at least bring back the playlist menu so that there's the ability to pick a song instead of constantly spamming "Skip Track" for the people who use the in-game music?
Even if the game doesn't save the playlist settings, I'd still be ok with it.

ThAEm

Postby ThAEm » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:47 am

%.gone. wrote:I believe the problem you're having with the soundoptions menu is the playlist default is checksum FFFFFFFF and blubs tool will crap out every time if there are any checksums without names $FFFFFFFF$
if you create a checksum of your own $Skater1014_is_the_greatest_of_all_time$ then search the compiled qb for 1D788784 (that might need to be reversed) so maybe 8487781D and replace it at the one location you should be good.

edit: And use qb2.1 because it'll rebuild the table for you, meaning you don't need to manually add any added checksums to the table yourself.

I was also noticing that when I decompile any other script, the table file actually has stuff in it, which are the qbkeys translated, of course. But for skater_sfx.qb, I get an empty table, and I don't even know why. I used many of the qb de/compilers, even qb 2.1, and there's still an empty table.qbi.

BTW, I'm using the skater_sfx.qb from the vanilla game.
"We underground pro, can't go gimmicky." -Frog One

Skater1014
VIP

Postby Skater1014 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:45 pm

ThAEm wrote:
%.gone. wrote:I believe the problem you're having with the soundoptions menu is the playlist default is checksum FFFFFFFF and blubs tool will crap out every time if there are any checksums without names $FFFFFFFF$
if you create a checksum of your own $Skater1014_is_the_greatest_of_all_time$ then search the compiled qb for 1D788784 (that might need to be reversed) so maybe 8487781D and replace it at the one location you should be good.

edit: And use qb2.1 because it'll rebuild the table for you, meaning you don't need to manually add any added checksums to the table yourself.

I was also noticing that when I decompile any other script, the table file actually has stuff in it, which are the qbkeys translated, of course. But for skater_sfx.qb, I get an empty table, and I don't even know why. I used many of the qb de/compilers, even qb 2.1, and there's still an empty table.qbi.

BTW, I'm using the skater_sfx.qb from the vanilla game.

Both the vanilla game and Thugpro version of skater_sfx.qb give me a table file with info in it but it still doesn't compile because it says "WORD expected".

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Postby %.gone. » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:52 pm

did you read my post?
The word expected error means there is a checksum and not a word $FFFFFFFF$
You can also look at the dump file scroll to the end paste a good 30 bytes of that here and ill decode it for you so you can then do a textual based search in your script for where the problem is actually happening.
And when I say paste I mean the bytes (left side of a hex editor) not the text (right side of the hex editor)

Skater1014
VIP

Postby Skater1014 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:06 pm

%.gone. wrote:did you read my post?
The word expected error means there is a checksum and not a word $FFFFFFFF$
You can also look at the dump file scroll to the end paste a good 30 bytes of that here and ill decode it for you so you can then do a textual based search in your script for where the problem is actually happening.
And when I say paste I mean the bytes (left side of a hex editor) not the text (right side of the hex editor)

Every part where there is supposed to be a word in the QB file is a checksum so I don't even think that it's possible to repair since the table file only has some of the checksums listed and Quazz also said:
Decompiling QB's that have been extracted from our prx's will not have table files, nor have text names in the script, so you will not be able to recompile them.

Also, I don't think that I'm able to post the dump file here since it's only 1KB with pretty much no data in it and the error starts at line 4 in the QB which is where the 1st checksum is.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Postby %.gone. » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Did you try adding the original table?
The tool wont compile without those being words.
Take the original script and scroll up from the bottom. You're looking for 012B which is the start of the checksum table.
Copy from that point to the end and paste it at the bottom of your compiled script. Then decompile.
If any checksums remain, copy each and give each a unique qbkey so you can then manually edit the original value back in after you compile.

Edit: Quazz was talking specifically about thugpro.
You see I've kind of been doing this a long time and the hurdle you're experience right now is easy to overcome.

skatefilter5

Postby skatefilter5 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:59 pm

quazz wrote:Decompiling QB's that have been extracted from our prx's will not have table files, nor have text names in the script, so you will not be able to recompile them.

I've been meaning to add an ability to disable the level ambience tracks, it's really just a lot better to use something else for music. It's really hard to justify the work towards new music playing functions at this point.

is it possbile to add create a goal in different level other than park i get boring of play high scores all the time since splitscreen videos

SlashHer

Postby SlashHer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:51 pm

skatefilter5 wrote:

is it possbile to add create a goal in different level other than park i get boring of play high scores all the time since splitscreen videos

Dude, this is a thread about music, not in-game goals. if i remember correctly, there is a thread for that, somewhere.
RIP AND TEAR

K3V1N4000

Postby K3V1N4000 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:27 pm

SlashHer wrote:
skatefilter5 wrote:

Dude, this is a thread about music, not in-game goals. if i remember correctly, there is a thread for that, somewhere.

What this fella right here said! n_n'
Your head.
Use it before posting, please.

Thank you.

skatefilter5

Postby skatefilter5 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:36 pm

well, wouldn't respond to create a goals in different levels that what i wanted if someone could bring back create-a-goal options that will be nice or skater1014 can do that, create a goal option in different level

Return to “THUG Pro”