In-Game Music Playlist RESTORED

This is a forum for THUG Pro.
Skater1014
VIP

In-Game Music Playlist RESTORED

Postby Skater1014 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:02 pm

As you may or may not know, the in-game music playlist has been removed in THUGPRO leaving only the "Skip Track" button to change songs.
This mod brings back the original THUG2 sound options menu with the playlist menu.

Song names can be edited in the "skater_sfx.qb" file.
[TUTORIAL]

[DOWNLOAD]
Don't worry about the updater overwriting the files. That's taken care of if you decide to use the custom dll included in the download.
The dll is NOT made by me & I don't think the game will be able to update with this file so backup the original if you plan on using this file!

Known Bugs:
- The text in the menu doesn't go back to normal after being highlighted.
(As shown in the 2nd screenshot.)
- Sound options don't save when closing the game, this includes the playlist.
- The menu locks up the game when exiting it from the main menu.
(Fixed thanks to a main menu bug fix included in THUGPRO version 0.5.0.70. Please note that it still takes a few seconds to return to the main menu.)

UPDATES

(This thread will be bumped each time there is a new update for this mod to notify people.)

UPDATE (12-2-16):
- Completely rewritten main post & added a tutorial for a new way on changing the song names.
- Readme file now has a link to the tutorial.
(There's no need to re-download right now since nothing in the mod changed besides the readme file.)

UPDATE (10-31-16):
- Made compatible with version 0.5.0.71.
- Removed the main menu warning in the readme file since the bug is fixed.

UPDATE (10-14-16):
- Made compatible with version 0.5.0.70.
- The playlist should no longer lock up the main menu. (It's now useable in the main menu.)

UPDATE (5-14-16):
- Made compatible with version 0.5.0.69.
- All of the files in the .RAR are no longer in a folder.

UPDATE (5-9-16):
- Removed the screenshot in the file since it was pretty much pointless.
- The playlist is now available online!
Last edited by Skater1014 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 16 times in total.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Re: In-Game Music Playlist RESTORED

Postby %.gone. » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:27 pm

you need to edit the callback function within the menu to call on the checksum of the menu it came from or a valid menu you know the name of within the mainmenu options.

Skater1014
VIP

Postby Skater1014 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:42 pm

%.gone. wrote:you need to edit the callback function within the menu to call on the checksum of the menu it came from or a valid menu you know the name of within the mainmenu options.

I'm having trouble compiling qb's nevermind editing them.

I've already tried these compilers:
roq.exe
qb-console.exe
QB2.1.exe
qb_old.exe
qb_new.exe
qb_fast.exe
matty_qb.exe

I can decompile qb's fine but everytime I compile using any of these compilers, either nothing happens or it throws out a 1KB "temp.dump" file and nothing more.

Demo
VIP

Postby Demo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:40 am

what's the actual problem with a youtube playlist in the background? plays anything you want, doesnt' lock main menu, doesn't violate copyrights. charming.

Skater1014
VIP

Postby Skater1014 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:35 am

Demo wrote:what's the actual problem with a youtube playlist in the background? plays anything you want, doesnt' lock main menu, doesn't violate copyrights. charming.

True, and I used to use a music player in the background too until I found out that level ambience plays if the in-game music is disabled.
Also, I had to constantly open the Steam Overlay to change song. Some people have to alt tab which causes them to crash.
(I never crashed with alt tabbing but I know that other people do.)
Also, if the game is able to play music then why even bother to have something in the background if the game is able to do it itself?
(Though it does require some modding but still...)
Also, I'm pretty sure that some people (I'm not one of them though, I modded the soundtrack in my game.) would like to still have the default THUG2 music in and actually choose which song they want to listen to instead of constantly spamming the "Skip Track" button.

(Man, this is a late edit...)

Also, having a music player in the background pretty much kills the whole purpose of Music Zones.
Last edited by Skater1014 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skater1014
VIP

Postby Skater1014 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:43 am

I was also able to do this:
by hex editing the "skater_sfx.qb" file.

It would be way easier for me to do if I didn't have any issues compiling QB's.

TomoAlien

Postby TomoAlien » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:03 pm

I think the biggest hurdle is to make a system to reasonably modify the playlist used in-game, which so far has been fruitless.

Skater1014
VIP

Postby Skater1014 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:17 pm

TomoAlien wrote:I think the biggest hurdle is to make a system to reasonably modify the playlist used in-game, which so far has been fruitless.

Plus copyright laws too.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Postby %.gone. » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:24 pm

I believe the problem you're having with the soundoptions menu is the playlist default is checksum FFFFFFFF and blubs tool will crap out every time if there are any checksums without names $FFFFFFFF$
if you create a checksum of your own $Skater1014_is_the_greatest_of_all_time$ then search the compiled qb for 1D788784 (that might need to be reversed) so maybe 8487781D and replace it at the one location you should be good.

edit: And use qb2.1 because it'll rebuild the table for you, meaning you don't need to manually add any added checksums to the table yourself.

quazz
Global Moderator

Postby quazz » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:59 pm

Decompiling QB's that have been extracted from our prx's will not have table files, nor have text names in the script, so you will not be able to recompile them.

Personally, I do not recommend disabling the update ability.

I've been meaning to add an ability to disable the level ambience tracks, it's really just a lot better to use something else for music. It's really hard to justify the work towards new music playing functions at this point.

Return to “THUG Pro”