THUG Pro Issues

This is a forum for THUG Pro.
Elvy

THUG Pro Issues

Postby Elvy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:49 am

Hey guys I'm new to THUG Pro, I really like the game but I have 2 major issues when I play.

Firstly whenever I play online my game frequently crashes, I've tried a few things but it doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

Secondly whenever I go out of bounds or use an elevator my game freezes and goes all blurry for a few seconds.

Any help at all would be appreciated, also I am using Windows 10 if that means anything.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Re: THUG Pro Issues

Postby %.gone. » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:13 am

The blur bug has been fixed in thugpro are you running thugpro modded? This is pretty much the only way I know that would reintroduce code that was REMOVED back into thugpro.

Elvy

Postby Elvy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:33 am

%.gone. wrote:The blur bug has been fixed in thugpro are you running thugpro modded? This is pretty much the only way I know that would reintroduce code that was REMOVED back into thugpro.

It wasn't happening when I first got the game but I think it started when I began running the game as an administrator, I don't think it's modded I wouldn't know how to do that so maybe that's the issue?

SK8.William

Postby SK8.William » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:17 am

This blur thing happens to me too.Since the THAW update,if i'm playing thugpro in the Win XP,whenever i go off-bounds,the game gets blurry for a second.That happens in THAW and started to happen in THUGPro too.I thought you added it at first.
"Paradise's kinda cool until you smash your face into a banyan tree"

-Rodney Mullen

Skater1014
VIP

Postby Skater1014 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Elvy wrote:Firstly whenever I play online my game frequently crashes, I've tried a few things but it doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

I think the online crashing is a known issue. Lots of people have that issue. I noticed that it doesn't crash at all if you're hosting a server.

Elvy wrote:Secondly whenever I go out of bounds or use an elevator my game freezes and goes all blurry for a few seconds.

Yeah, that's the original blur from THUG2. It has issues on any operating system after Windows XP.
Also, I'm running on Windows 10 64-Bit and I've never had any blur even when I run as admin.

Skater1014
VIP

Postby Skater1014 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:08 pm

Ok, so about the blur...
If you run THUGPRO as admin AND in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility mode on Windows 10, the blur bug comes back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBdmoAjcYfI

Morten1337
Site Admin

Postby Morten1337 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:52 pm

Skater1014 wrote:Ok, so about the blur...
If you run THUGPRO as admin AND in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility mode on Windows 10, the blur bug comes back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBdmoAjcYfI

Older versions of thugpro had two "blur fixes".

One was just commenting out a single line in the scripts. So that the blur function never gets called.

And second one in the our dll. It does a similar thing with memory patching. But its only enabled if the os is windows vista or above.

In the last update i removed the script "fix", so that blur would actually be enabled if you were running win xp.
It doesn't account for compatibility mode tho... so i guess the registry keys are changed to look like/emulate xp.

Could just add a registry key for thugpro to override it, perhaps?
Also why do you run in compatibility mode?

CurrentVersion, CurrentMajorVersionNumber and CurrentMinorVersionNumber

Code: Select all

Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\

Elvy wrote:Hey guys I'm new to THUG Pro, I really like the game but I have 2 major issues when I play.

Firstly whenever I play online my game frequently crashes, I've tried a few things but it doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

Secondly whenever I go out of bounds or use an elevator my game freezes and goes all blurry for a few seconds.

Any help at all would be appreciated, also I am using Windows 10 if that means anything.

We have had many reports of frequent crashing recently, and we're looking in to it.
However, its very difficult to debug, since we (thugpro devs) have not been able to reproduce the bug/crashing.
And, if a player want to report useful data about the crash, it requires them to install additional 3rd party software.

We have couple of crashe fixes in the next update, but its not ready for release yet.

Skater1014
VIP

Postby Skater1014 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:35 am

Morten1337 wrote:Also why do you run in compatibility mode?

I never run THUGPRO in compatibility mode.
I only tried compatibility mode to see if the blur would work since people told me that the blur worked on Windows XP.

Challenger

Postby Challenger » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:29 pm

For the record I'm running in Wine on Linux Mint with a Windows XP style prefix and blur works just fine in the menu and warps. The Windows emulation setting is XP.

Return to “THUG Pro”