Can't run, launches to black screen

This is a forum for THUG Pro.
ourcore

Can't run, launches to black screen

Postby ourcore » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:29 am

Hey, everyone,

I'm trying to run THUG Pro for the first time, but it's not going so well.

I'm dual-booting Windows 10 (Anniversary Update) on a 2016 MacBook Pro (with a Radeon Pro 460), but when I launch THUG Pro, all I get is a black screen with no activity. If I look in thugpro.txt, I see dozens of instances of "Couldn't open C:\Windows\system32\atipblag.dat (2)". I've installed DirectX and what's strange is that vanilla THUG 2 runs fine. What could be causing this?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Morten1337
Site Admin

Re: Can't run, launches to black screen

Postby Morten1337 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:43 am

Does the same thing happen if you launch the game in windowed mode?

The missing "atipblag.dat" warning is caused by an AMD driver, but i'm pretty sure its unrelated to the problem you're having.

ourcore

Postby ourcore » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:45 am

Morten1337 wrote:Does the same thing happen if you launch the game in windowed mode?

Yes, it still happens. I've tried disabling and enabling all the settings in the launcher.

Morten1337 wrote:The missing "atipblag.dat" warning is caused by an AMD driver, but i'm pretty sure its unrelated to the problem you're having.

I thought so too, but Boot Camp did install a driver and that ATI dashboard app. Do THUG Pro and THUG2 have different dependencies? Thanks!

ourcore

Postby ourcore » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:30 pm

Anything else I could try? Could I contact the devs?

Skater1014
VIP

Postby Skater1014 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:24 pm

ourcore wrote:Anything else I could try? Could I contact the devs?

He is one of the devs.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Postby %.gone. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:39 am

Try this
start > type command prompt > right click and run as admin
type in the console
sfc /scannow
leave the console open while it scans
this is going to check your system for missing or corrupt files and attempt to repair them and will work in all versions of windows

If that doesnt work to get the game running
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
after that try and run thugpro again
if it runs then the link above has information on determining which applications / services are the cause of the application or service interferences
That link has methods for most windows OS's.

Also, make sure your windows is up to date as some people have mentioned certain bugs being corrected after system updates on Windows 10.

ourcore

Postby ourcore » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:56 pm

%.gone. wrote:Try this
start > type command prompt > right click and run as admin
type in the console
sfc /scannow
leave the console open while it scans
this is going to check your system for missing or corrupt files and attempt to repair them and will work in all versions of windows

If that doesnt work to get the game running
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
after that try and run thugpro again
if it runs then the link above has information on determining which applications / services are the cause of the application or service interferences
That link has methods for most windows OS's.

Also, make sure your windows is up to date as some people have mentioned certain bugs being corrected after system updates on Windows 10.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is a brand new and up-to-date Windows installation. THUG Pro was one of the first things I installed. Part of the reason I got Windows is to play the game. I'll still try running the scan command.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Postby %.gone. » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:58 pm

You're operating under the assumption that everything installed perfectly with your brand new installation.
Errors happen some times even when we expect everything to be error free.

The first part of my reply is to scan where if files are corrupt or missing it'll attempt to fix the issue and tell you so.
The second part is to run a clean boot which will eliminate module interference (for the most part). Where some windows component could be interfering with an application running in the background that you normally wouldn't think to be the issue.

ourcore

Postby ourcore » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:53 pm

%.gone. wrote:You're operating under the assumption that everything installed perfectly with your brand new installation.
Errors happen some times even when we expect everything to be error free.

The first part of my reply is to scan where if files are corrupt or missing it'll attempt to fix the issue and tell you so.
The second part is to run a clean boot which will eliminate module interference (for the most part). Where some windows component could be interfering with an application running in the background that you normally wouldn't think to be the issue.

Yes, that'll be my assumption for a brand new system. I ran the command, but it didn't find any integrity violations. This is really puzzling

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Postby %.gone. » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:33 am

ourcore wrote:I ran the command, but it didn't find any integrity violations. This is really puzzling

Which is what should be expected.
Did you perform the clean boot also?

Return to “THUG Pro”