Recognize Axes as Buttons in Gamepad Binding!

Give us your ideas to make THUG Pro even better.
ciano

Recognize Axes as Buttons in Gamepad Binding!

Postby ciano » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:44 pm

THUG Pro is one of the reasons I built a gaming PC, but I've now learned that the analog triggers of Xbox One controllers (which I use) can't be bound to Actions because they register as analog Axis inputs. The official suggestion from the THUG Pro crew is to use a third-party button remapper, like Xpadder, as a workaround. However, I think it would be very nice for THUG Pro to simply work for Xbox controllers out-of-the-box, so to speak. Xbox controllers are, after all, the most commonly used game controllers on PC, and I think allowing axes to be treated as button presses naively (even if there has to be another software layer between the game and the input) would be the easiest way to go about that. Anyway, I'm about to download a button remapper, but I thought I'd share what I think is a pretty common sense idea. Thank you so much for making this game!

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Re: Recognize Axes as Buttons in Gamepad Binding!

Postby %.gone. » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:00 pm

THUG Pro already does support it.
They show up as LZ because the game uses DirectX and you can thank Microshit for making two separate potentiometers be seen as a single axis.
THUG Pro will then split them in game. Drawback is if the game crashes you need to set the triggers in the launcher again.

nsf001

Postby nsf001 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:33 pm

Hello.

I have an Xbox One controller. The controller, Windows, and THUG Pro are using the latest update available.

In the THUG Pro launcher, triggers on the controller cannot be bound to "Actions." Triggers are able to be bound in the "Skater Controls," "Park Editor Controls", and "Camera Controls" sections, but not "Actions." It is interesting because I am able to use a wired PS3 controller and "LZ" maps just fine to "Actions," so I wonder what the issue with the Xbox One controller is.

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Postby %.gone. » Mon May 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Are you using your xbox one controller wired as well?

They are not buttons and only certain actions in the launcher support them being set but the launcher needs to recognize your controller as an xinput device for this to work. I've recently found out that xbox one controllers connected via bluetooth are not recognized as an xinput device.

nsf001

Postby nsf001 » Mon May 28, 2018 6:18 pm

I was actually using it wirelessly. I plugged it in via USB and unpaired it with Bluetooth and the triggers started working in the menu! I had to follow your instructions from one of your posts in another thread to unassign the controller for Player 2, but after that it's now working perfectly wired.

Thanks for your help!

Skater1014
VIP

Postby Skater1014 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:17 pm

%.gone. wrote:I've recently found out that xbox one controllers connected via bluetooth are not recognized as an xinput device.

Well that explains why stuff like rumble doesn't work for me when playing wireless.

Return to “Suggestions”